Sunday, October 31, 2010

Rain Today

Freezin', icy rain.  Loved it.  I'd been layin' in bed, under cover, with a cat at both sides of me. Heater of the room was turned low, electric blanket was on, purrs in stereo, and torrents on the roof.  The storm had been electrical, all systems had been off, I'd left my mentor and the mullethead grazin' in the kitchen.  It was so nice, I actually passed out for a few hours.  When I woke, the cats were still with me.

Of course it's later now.  It was still rainin', but not too heavily, the lightnin' and thunder were gone, and I was sittin' in front of the computer with the black cat in my lap, and the Siamese-tabby in a chair beside me.  I'd pet them both, between keystrokes.  They were such sweethearts, and I'd never be able to understand how anyone could hurt a cat, or any other animal.  After all, they do return what you give to them.  You have to respect them for the sovereign individuals they are.  This household treats them like people from another culture whose language is just a little more difficult to understand.

A little.  When anyone of any species wants something, we can figure it out.   They have their customs, but they are more like people than most can imagine.  Too bad most just consider the animal kingdom something to exploit.  Something that doesn't matter.

That is so wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment