Sunday, October 31, 2010

Delusions Are Us

As you sit in obscure glory;
The epitome of contempt
Just basking in your arrogance,
I shake my head and do attempt
To make sense of you.
You have isolated yourself
To spurn all for me and my kind,
And you call it self-containment.
To think like that, I'd say your blind.
You have a view
Of yourself that's misdirected.
You need not what you are, you say;
Yet you're hardly self-reliant.
You can't be, where there's night and day.
See your thoughts anew.
In your realm, you still must be fed,
And most knowledge is kept from you
In part much to keep you in check,
And keep you from turning the screw
While you're mind's askew
From reactive hostilities
As ancient as the day you fell
Into the state you are now in,
And the hatred in which you dwell
From the mess life's brew
Has scarred you with. Now look at me.
I came to you to give you peace
And purpose to your last round here
When in the past you tried to cease
The life that you grew
To despise more than anything.
The life that you promised to me,
Before you were born, this time 'round.
At least you filled your destiny,
But just wait the few

Moments in time for when I can take you back,
And you can become as how you now see yourself.


(Naw worries, rossie! Ah've got yer covered in de only way dat counts.  Dis cycle's de last.)

No comments:

Post a Comment