Sunday, October 31, 2010

Daydreaming Of Home

I miss the shores.  The sands, the rockier beaches, the cliffs, the wooded paths, the garden, the courtyards, everything.  I miss lots of other things as well.  Mostly atmosphere.  No planes flyin' over head, and no traffic noise.  I long for the sound of the surf, with the waves crashing against the rocks, and the sheer, harsh beauty. Cooler summers, warmer winters. . .usually; not that I've experienced a summer here yet, but I've heard about it.

Gods, I wish things would move faster.  Being where I am right now is so inconvenient in so many ways.  Yes, I know it's statistically nice, but statistics don't mean shoite when you have to take a step  down from where you were.

There is a psychology behind drawing my work out.  I wonder if it's not misconstrued?  Oh well.  In less than two weeks (I hope), my next volume will be up on The Guild.  How tempting it is to just leave a plea with full instructions and explanations and go home again tomorrow, but I know I don't dare.   Gods, why have I done this to myself?!

Oh well. Off to bed.  At night!  What a concept.  Well, thats what I get for having spent 36 hours with no sleep.  Had a few things that needed to be done that I couldn't impose on the others.

Nighty-night.

No comments:

Post a Comment