Sunday, October 31, 2010

Personal Sovereignty

It can only be had if one is alone, and no one knows what that one is doing.  Is it worth it?  Sometimes I think so, but the circumstances don't always allow it.  On the other hand, sometimes I think not.  I'm indecisive that way.

This is a paradoxical topic.  It's nice never having to compromise yourself in the slightest, but sometimes circumstances compel you to do that.  There are things you can't walk away from, and still sleep easy at night.

That brings up the question:  To whom do I owe myself?  No one, yet everyone?  What is to prevent me from cutting off all means of communication, and never leaving these walls again?  Or my land, at least.  I do like playing outside.

I think I'll be obnoxious, and lay off here.  It's not a question I can answer.  Any answer would be speculation, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment