Sunday, October 31, 2010

Forgivness Of Past Foes

 Hmmmmmm.  I'm going to be a wee hypocritical here, for I have problems with that myself.  Will I ever forgive Rome, or the Catholic church for the damage they have done to so many civilisations and people?  Not that I hate Catholics, or the Roman citizen in general.  I take them all on an individual basis, but the politics of those two, and the catalysts. . .like I would NEVER be caught in the same room with Arnaud Amaury, yer nu?  (That's 'you know' in my dialect.) I even like a handful of the emporors, ye gods.  (Marcus Aurelius, Nerva, Hadrian, Trajan, and Antoninus Pius)

But on the other hand, sometimes past tribulations make a better individual of you.  You can learn from the mistakes the one who made your life so hard, and circumvent them if you have half a brain.  On occasion they goad you into driving yourself to glories you could never have dreamed of, just to prove yourself to yourself.  You might even find yourself in a state most would do anything to attain.  So despite the misery they caused you, they didn't destroy you, and made you what you are.  Freddie Wilhelm Nietzsche was someone on track for some situations when he said what does not kill you makes you stronger.  So perhaps you owe some people your gratitude in addition to the  blast from the flame thrower?

No, that didn't come out right, but hey!

Do we think this is a subject I should have touched, being I'm really not very dispassionate about it and have my own unresolved issues?

Probably, huh?!

No comments:

Post a Comment