Sunday, October 31, 2010

Age Of Transition

2011. It's happening now. You can see it. You can feel it. Upheavals, both political and geographic. . .though not all of the geographic ones natural. It's messy and painful, but what is, HAS to end. That much I know. That much I rmember. It's the fine points I can't know until I get back to where I came from. Even I've been wiped to a degree. . .my knowledge, my memory. To a degree.

We're fairly remote. In one direction is a small town, in the other direction kilometres and kilometres of wild land. There's nothing here. Infrastructure is at a bare minimum, no jobs, no reason for anyone to be here but to escape, farm or keep orchards. Land is cheap, but everything else costs. Only the locals know we're here.

Will this place stay at peace when the shoite royally hits the fan? Will I be able to verify all that is supposed to be, goes according to plan to the very end? Will we get enough warning if we have to run for it? I wonder how many others are asking these questions? With everything falling apart at the seams, I wonder how anyone cannot?!

We have no problem if we have time. It's just that getting caught by surprise could really inconvenience us severely. Oh well. Down to 14 months at worst, and the suspense factor is rather low.

Now I'm just waiting for an e-mail that I'm supposed to get in two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment