Sunday, October 31, 2010

Predawn, In De Winter

0I went down the stairs of the verandah, and find the snow a few centimetres above my ankles. Sun up was due in about an 'our. Inside, Earl Grey was steepin' in the kettle, and I was surprised the vapour from my breath didn't solidify and crash to the ground. Glad we have multiple heat sources, and glad we made sure everything was full-up before this mess started.

It was so quiet. Snow might start falling any time. The sky was cloudy as far as I could see. It was harsh, but I loved it. I'd drag a bale of hay out at dusk later, for whatever came by.

We had enough to spare.

Actually, I rather wished the sky had been clear.  True, it may have been even colder, but a starry sky on a night like this would have been impressive.  Even better, if there'd been an aurora borealis.


Then I had to go back inside before a body part fell off. I'd be the one makin' breakfast for us.

Get more hazelnut butter!

No comments:

Post a Comment