Sunday, October 31, 2010

There Were Things I Never Used To Think About

Things I used to consider superfluous, or an outright nuisance.  Then I do a 180 degree turn around after having my face rubbed in them.  I've become more hedonistic.  I've always been on the asocial side, but I've become a tad more contemptuous of the masses.  I also look forward to being spoiled in various ways, and put forth a bit of effort to instigate it.  After all, around here; when someone does something for someone else, they generally get repaid big time, and it goes on and on and on.  The three of us really do seem to exist for each other, and I think I'd spontaneously combust if the other two disappeared from my company.  Losing either one of them would leave a void in me I couldn't cope with, and I know for a fact it's the same with them. We do joke about being The Unholy Trinity.

I wonder if I should consider myself corrupted or enhanced from after I'd adopted my protégé?

I don't know.  I have changed a bit.  Some things I used to do only for pleasure are now an obsession, like my art and quest for knowledge.  I'm more focused on what I'm doing, when I'm doing it.  I've developed new hobbies that I never even considered when I was younger.  I've also become more obnoxious, and have been inspired to find new ways to exhibit it; considering I've about been challenged to do so.

I guess that makes what has become of me, a package deal.  But still being trapped in the realm of duality, what can I expect of anyone or anything, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment