Sunday, October 31, 2010

In The World, Not Of It

I see Shiva in his classic meditative position in the middle of a war.  I see a hurricane party.  I see a kid with his ghetto blaster, dancin' in what's left of the decrepit buildings of what was industrial Detroit.  I see a lass breakin' out in the song, "I Feel The Earth Move", as an earthquake strikes.  I see a combination of detachment, and a lot of fun.  I see wisdom.  I see individuals who know the score.

And I see I might still have to stay my full alloted 18 months.  Seems like my side-project is in desperate need of an overseer, from what I just saw.  People really should make it a habit to double check their work.  So shall I spend the rest of my perhaps 14 odd months in nihilistic hedonism even though I know nihilism is a flawed philosphy?

Nahhhhhhhh.  But I will continue bitching about my state, and I must admit I still don't know for sure how long I am stuck here.  I only know the absolute worst scenario, which is that I'm trapped until about mid-April of 2012 if everything goes wrong.  Bein' homesick is a drag.  At least I have my best mates with me, and though for all my complaints, quite a bit of fun is had. It's just when you know there is something better. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment