Sunday, October 31, 2010

I'm Driving Myself Nuts

Time. So obsessed with it, now that I'm trapped in it. It's so nice to only 'officially' have to look forward to a little less than 12 1/2 months, as opposed to 13 1/2 months, but still. . .being forced to wait over a year what can be done in under 2 weeks does NOT sit well with me. I already said that somewhere, but hey! I can repeat myself, too.

But I've had to do more than wait. I've had to fix things that I didn't realise needed fixing until I stared at them again for the umpteenth time. How much more 'repair work' was needed?

Petrol is soaring, but we haven't noticed it much. Most of the time we only go about 35 kilometres a week. On those occasions we go to town (or should I say 'downtown'? We live in the town, though we are at the edge of it. Of course I'm not going to say which one. Just that we're somewhere in the far Northwest of the U.S., and it's a farming community that's a Hell of a lot better than Lodi.) twice, we not quite double that. The edge of downtown is about 8 kilometres away, and it's the grocery shopping that does us in. We go to 4 different markets after our post housecleaning feast. A discount warehouse, a discount 'luxury food' shop, a produce stand, and pet food warehouse. That was for what we couldn't get from next door on either side of us. It was nice to be able to get raw diary, eggs, and in season produce from our neighbours. Unfortunately the shops were not exactly next to each other, but it wasn't that bad. We filled the tank when it was around the quarter point, and that was usually every 4 or 5 weeks.

What was real convenient is that the quaint older part of town was the first thing we passed. It was where all the nice little family restaurants, coffee shops, and my favourite ice cream parlour was. There was even a little roundabout with a fountain. It must be nice during the summer, which I have yet to see. Provided the world as it is lasts that long.

Now I was wasting my time wondering if Volume #5 would go up on the 12th or 19th of this month. Either way! If it did, I was definitely cool with it, and ready to knock some more time off my intended sojourn here to leave this blog frozen it time, and a handful readers to wonder what it was all about.

Well, it's nothing really. Just a distraction to keep myself entertained here and there. A few poems, a few stories, a few political 'heads up' links that everyone is going to ignore, a few philosophical observations, and a few totally pointless ramblings when I had nothing better to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment