Sunday, October 31, 2010

Foggy Morn'

We were expectin' it. It was in the weather forecast. All of us were up at 4:00 AM. It was marginally below freezin' and ya could barely see a metre in front of ya. If I walked to the road in front of the house; could I find my way back? Oh, aye! Follow the pavement. If I stepped on the grass, I'd be off course.

The driveway was a tad slippery. This freezin' fog was rare, and a pain if you were on the road. Glad we weren't, but for now; it was a real treat.

We were in yesterday's clothes, and did walk out to the road, makin' jokes about the heavy mist. The mullethead was makin' a big show o' checkin' the tip of 'er nose to allegedly make sure it was still there, bein' she allegdly couldna. . .I mean COULDN'T see the end of it. We went out in just our regular clothes with no jackets or gloves and such, and we were all shiverin' up a storm when we got back in. Tay kettle on, crumpets with butter on the tray, blueberry, raspberry, peach preserves, and pumpkin butter on the table.

We each had two heated crumpets, and I warmed up 6 more for the equines. I put peach preserves on one for each, and apple butter on the second, with no butter. After we ate ours, we each went to our own main equine companion, and fed them the crumpets. They did want more, but that wasn't goin' to happen. When we fed them, they'd get a couple of apples, pears, bananas and a deseeded peach with their mornin' alfalfa. Then we cleaned ourselves up, and got ready for the day. A day where I'd be as distracted as Hell, waitin' for somethin' that wasn't goin' to happen. Volume #4, on The Guild.

I couldn't bitch, though. My publisher had put in so much work for me already. I had it so good, but you know how it is. They give you a nanometre, and ya want a parsec. Why should I be any different from anybody else, in this regard?

No comments:

Post a Comment