Sunday, October 31, 2010

Oh What Fun, This Weather

It was partly sunny when I left. The ground was a mess out back, I decided to run 20 kilometres, which was the limit of a comfortable, high speed run before I'd have to slow to an embarrassingly slow jog, as I was. I ran away from the town, for this. I had a bit of tree cover, the temperature was close to 10°C., and it was perfect. I went out in shorts, tube socks, running shoes, a sweatshirt, and gloves. When I got about halfway back it started to rain. Hard.

I ended up looking like a drowned rat when I entered the front door. I shed my sopping attire as I walked to the laundry room, went up to my room and got into skivvies and a robe, and was handed a cup of chi with the works by my lovely mentor on my way to the kitchen. A pot of creamed tomato soup with parsley, basil, chives, and thick tomato chunks was at the last leg of the cooking process, too.

Gods, just what I needed! To be topped with garlic croutons!

Not a real meal, but quite nice for the occasion. The mullethead joined us right when the stove was turned off. Perfect timing. We ended up going to the livingroom with our bowls, and the mullethead lit the fire. If I have to be here, I don't think it could get any better.

No comments:

Post a Comment