Sunday, October 31, 2010

Blah! So Many More Archives To Post!

And I have so many other things to do today.  I already started on the laundry, and both washer and drier are goin' right now.   I think I'll leave breakfast to someone else, today.  I gave the equines their usual Thursday pre-breakfast treat of all the leftover fruits and veggies that were in the fridge, since we had to clear the thing out all the way for today's shoppin' trip.  We'd go next door first for our diary, eggs, and various winter veggies.  It was nice to be able to just walk over to get raw milk products, and eggs from chickens that had a run of their yard, though they didn't come out much this time of year.  They were never caged, and got to do what they wanted.  We paid twice the goin' rate, but hey!  It was worth it.  The best was saved for us.  Then off to get all the stuff that was imported.  We bought organic when we could.

I had this intense cravin' for cabbage stew right now.  If it was still with me tomorrow, I'd make that for lunch tomorrow.  I'd make the biggest pot we had, so I might have six litres left over for the equines to share.  In addition to the cabbage, there'd be potatoes, carrots, leeks, garlic, neeps (that's turnips, for ya Yanks), fresh parsley, tomatoes, and snow peas if they had 'em.  Maybe a few other items that caught my fancy that I didn't know about yet.  I'd season it, but didn't salt the stew until after we ate what we wanted.  Then I'd throw in some sea salt or pink salt crystals for the equines.  They liked it better like that.

Oh well.  Off to the grind.  I'll do the archives later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment