Sunday, October 31, 2010

Aeons, Eras, Millennia, Ages, Centuries, Decades, Years, Months, Weeks, Days, Hours, Minutes And Seconds

Time.  So subjective.  It's such a pain to exist out of time for most of your conscious awareness, then find yourself trapped in it.  I hate it beyond measure.  I already did a post on how much I hate to wait.  The perspective is so different when you're out of it, than when you're in it.

What's an alleged an 18 (now allegedly 17, if all goes smooth) months in eternity?  If you look at it on paper, it is nothing.  Statistically, it is a drop of water in all the oceans of the world.  When you're actually 'living' it, it can seem like an eternity when you want to be somewhere else.  

Then there was the work of existing in the Physical Realm in the 21st century.  It was easier than in the old days, but I wasn't used to it.  Scrubbin' down the bathrooms, wasn't somethin' I relished.  Doin' the vacuumin' and dustin' wasn't too bad.  Cookin' was alright, and surprisingly I didn't mind cleanin' the stables on an almost daily basis.  I loved brushin' down the ponies and the horse.  Hate shovellin' snow, didn't mind rakin' the leaves too much, and spendin' a couple hours a week cuttin' the grass wasn't too bad, when the grass was visible, not that the mullethead would generally let anyone else do that.  Might be a while before anybody put the lawn mower into operation again.  Snow was forecast for the day after tomorrow.  

Had to say I was very happy to have a washin' machine and dryer.  We did the dishes by hand, though.  Didn't have a dish washer.

Cars were convenient.  It was a lot more comfortable bein' in one of those heated machines than on a horse and cart when it was close to freezin'.  But on the other hand, they were such an environmental liability, I wondered if I would have preferred to be that much more uncomfortable?  Then again, things aren't what they used to be.  You CAN'T take a horse and cart on these roads.  It would slow traffic, and our animals were NEVER primarily service animals to us.  They were family and friends first.

Cars!  Hated fillin' 'em up, checkin' the stats like the oil, transmission, water, and thought they were gross under the hood.  Glad we only had to hit the petrol station once every three or four weeks, dependin' on if we made any extra trips to town.  Our macho mullethead usually took care of that, and I wasn't gonna fight 'er.  Hey!  If she was gonna say she was a better man than I, she'd better back herself up, no?  In ways other than havin' the armpit hairs to prove it, that is.

Hey!  I was an intellectual, and an artist; not a grease monkey.  I was a white collar type guy. Sort of.  Not that I'd be happy bein' stuck in an office all day, but I did not appreciate the concept of gettin' covered in oil, or other vile toxic fluids and such.

Uh, wait a minute!  I was supposed to be bitchin' about time perception, not chores!

I think I'll go away now, until I can better focus on my intent.  I must admit I am a bit distracted right now.  Gods, I can't wait to see where I'm at by the middle of March.

No comments:

Post a Comment