Sunday, October 31, 2010

Some Things I Don't Quite Get

If I turn on the cold water in the shower and try to stand under it. . .I uh. . .basically can't. So what do I like to do? Turn the water in the shower on as hot as I can take, step outside on the open balcony in the back of the house so I don't risk getting arrested, in the freezing rain, and I can actually take it for somewhere between a minute or two. I do believe I talked about doing this once before. Well, I tend to do it once or twice a month.

Don't ask. I can't answer. I'm just weird, OK? What's even weirder, is that I got the other two in on it. . .sometimes.

The water from the clouds is just about as cold as what comes out of the faucet, but why can I tolerate one, and not the other? And today, it was REALLY coming down hard when we (Yes, WE!) did that. If we'd been on the road, we would have to have pulled the car over for lack of visibility.

Then we broil ourselves in the shower, though one of us goes to the downstairs one (generally my mentor), then we just get into skivvies, robes, put the tay on, and sit in front of the fire, usually with some sort of snack, too. Today, we split a bag of sugar snap peas. That's the ritual. I love it. It makes me feel so close to those two mates of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment