Sunday, October 31, 2010

Tsunami Watch, West Coast?

Wow! We're a little less than an hour's drive from the coast on a good day, if we drive the same speed as everyone else, which is like. . .25 kilometres over the speed limit, at least, though not from the ocean itself, technically. I'm not worried. After all, my mentor isn't batting an eyebrow, so why should I be concerned? He would have us leave now if we were in danger of being so inconvenienced.

I wonder if this is 'live or Memorex'? Natural, or man made? Japan? Largest quake on record? NOW??????? Man, I know this place has its problems, and they've done some obnoxious things in their past, with Nanking (No worse than any other wars. U.S. is just as bad in Iraq, Afghanistan, the Russians were just as bad post WW II, and then there's Rome. They were the worst of all. WILL SOMEONE PLEASE NUKE THE VATICAN?) coming to mind, but I do have a cultural fascination with the place.

Such is life in the Ring of Fire. And this was a volcanic quake? Perhaps it is all natural. And the aftershocks aren't letting up.

Then again, this is the time for the upheavals, so I'm not surprised. We're in the earthquake zone, too.

Life is short, existence goes on.

I pity the survivors.

No comments:

Post a Comment