Sunday, October 31, 2010

Nice Mellow Day, Until. . .

The three of us went for a nice long ride in back, we had a Hell of a long grooming session when we got back, and we all ganged up to make a vegetable stew with an extra 3 to 4 litres for each equine. After our lunch/dinner combination, over tea, I was hit with a whopper. My mentor said it would be a good idea to take the equines home, as in our REAL home in late April.

I was stunned. No matter how many times I asked, I would not get an answer. He did hold me, kiss me on the forehead, and told me everything was going to be all right. I told him I didn't think I could 'live' for ten and a half months without my first best friend that has helped keep me grounded for so long, and he reminded me I was now one month and nine days ahead of schedule if nothing went wrong, and the fact I had already deleted a month from the original plan.

Then again, nothing happened on The Guild this week. The short story I submitted isn't even up, so. . .

But what will happen next week?

On the other hand, my mentor also said I can go with him when he takes the animals back, so I would actually get a brief respite from this ordeal, which wasn't really that bad. So for a short period out of time, I would again be fully reconsolidated with myself, but then I'd lose it all again when I came back here to finish up what I'm doing now? Or would I be able to retain just a little more than I do now?

Yet visiting the place I really belong for a while would do me good. And it is 'out of time'. From my perspective, it's like I could stay for what would seem like a year or ten, then show up back where I am at the moment like a day or two later after I left.

Yes, this is a good thing. Perhaps my lovely mentor can arrange we come back on Beltane? That would be a humourous thing to do.

There might be a couple of days where I actually don't post anything, then. Maybe.

We shall see. Thank the gods the cats will stay with us after we come back here. Unfortunately the mullethead will not be joining me and my mentor. Someone is needed here to hold down the fort. Until the time comes, that should be all on this topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment