Sunday, October 31, 2010

Just Before Dawn

Still dark when I woke up. I looked out the window. Good! Breaks in the clouds, and there was a full moon. I put my torc and omega amulet back in the box, got into my jeans, and my semi-waterproof harnessed boots. Well, aye! Skivvies too. Put the kettle on, and as the tay was steeping, I stepped outside, and walked around the house and connected stables. I rinsed the mud off the boots, came inside freezing my britches off, and had my tay next to the heater. I put the fish on for the cats, fed them, cleaned the stables, fed the horses, showered, and left breakfast for my mentor.

Missed the sunrise. Dayam.

I heard clashing in the kitchen as I write this, the shower was going again, and I'd be called to breakfast in minutes. This was a typical morning for me, though about half the time I was the one who put breakfast together. No snow to shovel, so it would be an easy day. In a couple of days the grass would need cutting, but Mullethead would give that job up over her dead body. It took about two hours, and she got a kick out of it. Only the front, and two thin side strips of the house was mowed, so hey. It was roughly an acre. The back was pasture and forest, and there were hedges. The front yard was pretty good size, but a gas powered hand mower took care of it fast. It was a bit much for an old unpowered mower.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Smell mushrooms cooking. Think I'll get a shirt on, and go downstairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment