Sunday, October 31, 2010

Clear Day! Blah!

On the other hand, I would be going out for a ride, later. But to 'live' without my palomino for nine to ten and a half months, allowing for something to go wrong, which it hasn't yet, did NOT mow my lawn. I spent extra time giving the equines their morning grooming, and I also did something I really shouldn't have, but the animals loved it. I hand fed each of them a bag of oatmeal, raison and walnut cookies. As a chaser, I gave them all a bag of baby carrots, three apples, and two pears, though that I put in their bowls.

Oh please, oh please, oh please! Gods above and below, let Karen have my 5th volume up next week!

I just wish I knew WHY!!!!!!!! Was life here going to be more volatile, or what? How bad was it going to get in the virtual outback of where we lived? The population was so sparse. The whole town had about 30,000 people. It wasn't a rich town, but the standard of living was comfortable. You wouldn't find any homeless person on the street corner very often, either. Once in a while someone would pass through, but this was not a good place. There were no shelters or any sort of government help for anyone, here. There was one small fire department with two trucks, we had four police officers with very little to do regarding crime, a one room library, a medical clinic, but no hospital, two dental offices, two optometrists, and there was nothing here. People took care of themselves, and helped their neighbours when needed. They knew each other, and were friendly with each other. It was a small country town that was a blast from the past without the dangerous bigotries. Different cultures were especially welcomed when they opened ethnic restaurants. Me and mine were looked on with amusement, after the initial shock value of what we looked like, and what we acted like wore off. Though sometimes people did get a bit upset by some of the things the mullethead said. Most do not like it when people allegedly look at their children as potential livestock to be destined for the styrofoam and plastic packaging and ideally found in the meat department.

I'd let someone else make breakfast today.

No comments:

Post a Comment