Sunday, October 31, 2010

April 15, 2012

I was on the couch perusing a Longfellow collectionat a little after 3:00 AM, when my mentor stroked my hand and sat next to me. It was unusual for him to be up now. He was usually in bed, wrapped around the mullethead. Of course I closed the book, put it on the table, closed my eyes, and pressed myself into him. He kissed me on the cheek, and suggested we go to 'the cave'. I nodded, and we both stood up. After we got up the stairs, he took my by the hand, and led me to this computer. He pulled up a chair next to me, and told me to start reading.

It didn't seem like I had until April 2012. From the looks of it, we weren't going to be here in December. My mentor knew. He also wasn't going to tell me when we were leaving, but he did embrace me and tell me it was going to be fine.

Everything right now was part of the time loop that was supposed to be. The eternal Akashic NOW that would replay forever. The moment that always was, and always will be, and that I saw as only a fleeting instant in my present stream of consciousness, but a scene I could revisit again and again from my reconsolidated self, after I got HOME, though I don't know why I would bother.

After I was done with the article, we got up, and we went down to the kitchen. He was the one who put the kettle on, and he brought out the oatmeal-current scones. We each had two of those, with creamed Darjeeling. Then I actually followed him to bed.

The mullethead would be doing the morning stable clean-up, quick brushdown, and feeding the animals alone. She'd also put breakfast together. I stayed in bed until almost 7:30 AM. It was weird for me to get up this late, but after that prognostication that my mentor had me read; I rather needed it. On the other hand, waking up in his arms put it all in the proper perspective.

After it was over, it wouldn't matter anymore. Nothing ever did. Not even the trip-reset of eras that was just around the corner.

I did feel pretty at peace as I dragged myself out of bed. It was also nice to see the snow was back a day earlier than I expected. I would definitely do a cross country ski trip for a few kilometres later today, or tomorrow. I'd go to the road way back of our property. That was about six kilometres, round trip. I wondered if anyone would go with me.

Well, I would find out when I dressed for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment