Sunday, October 31, 2010

Not A Bad Day

Me and the first love of my life didn't mess around with the clean up. I think we broke a speed record. We swabbed down the walls with chlorine and water, then turned a high pressure hose on them, did the same with the floors, and cleaned all the wall fixtures. We just used dish soap on the curved metal bin we had inside the V-shaped manger for easier cleaning. After the floors dried, we'd bring down a bunch of fresh straw to the room adjacent to the house here the animals slept, and they'd get halved apples, pears, and carrots with their oats and corn tonight. I think I'd make them some raisin oatmeal with honey, too. I had enough left in me to spoil my four legged loves. I got catfood out in there too, somewhere.

I also smashed up what was left of the salt lick, and put it outside for the deer that came by, and put up a fresh block at the salt station. After we were done, we both took quick separate showers, and pulled stuff out of the cabinets for lunch. Cream of mushroom soup, we'd heat up some olive Pugliese bread with garlic powder and butter, dolmas, and apples. To drink, we'd have young coconut juice, and of course, tay. I smashed into the coconuts with screw driver and hammer, drained them into a pitcher, and my mentor cut them open, and scraped the meat into the pitcher. We put the pitcher in the fridge, and waited for the mullethead, which wasn't a very long wait.

We ate, cleaned the table, then all settled in front of the now unlit fireplace with the proverbial kettle after we did the dishes. We talked about life, existence, how fooked up humanity is, told a few new jokes, a few old ones, and were joined be all three of the cats; with each of us holding one in our lap. We often spent about an hour a day together like that. We always had something to talk about. Even when we repeated subjects, a new light would be added each time, it seemed.

No, this wasn't bad at all, considering my circumstances. . .though I still want to go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment