Sunday, October 31, 2010

Another Sleepless Night

1Just finished a bowl of creamed, buttered farina with maple syrup and imported blueberries. What a fine mid-winter food with tay.  I ended up makin' the equines some, though I held off on the dairy  products.  They each got a large salad bowl's worth; though they got imported peaches instead of blueberries.  If they got blueberries, they'd get them plain, and by the handful.  Yes, they got maple syrup.  They didn't mind that I woke them up for this little snack that was served slightly warmer than tepid.

All three of us would be ridin' them later.  The weather was amenable, so they'd be gettin' some more heavy duty exercise, and payback after we got back.  After all, this wouldn't last.

I really loved this cold.  A few degrees above or below 0°C.  I didn't like it below -5°C, but these highs were nice.  Well, it was below -5°C now, but it was a wee after 3:00 AM.  Actually, even that was nice IF I could go back into the house right away after I had my fill, and sit in front of the heater with a cup o' tay.  I so loved the PEACE.  There wasn't a sound, except for my strokes of the keyboard, and the heater turnin' on and off, with the groans of the metal expandin' and contractin'.

Ah, what a borin' post!  I do that some times.  At least it's short, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment