Sunday, October 31, 2010

Ye GODS, Dial-Up Is A Pain

Well, back from shoppin', and lunch.  I'd done a bit more than my share of the housework, and I did get my Japanese lunch.  We also went a little overboard on the shoppin'. but it's OK.  We planned on makin' some extra veggie stew, and sharin' with the equines.   What we'd just bought, and what we got from our neighbours, Geoff and Randall, we had a ton of stuff with an expiration date, so. . .   If we had a huge cauldron, they'd probably get big bowls of soup once or twice a week.  They LOVED that as an occasional treat.  They'd get  about four litres a piece.

Now, I just finished addin' the links to the next volume at the bottom of each volume.  It took me a couple of hours to do that, bein'; not on DSL.  Can't get it where I'm at.  It blows me away that I've gotten so many hits on The Gothic Writers Guild, but not here; where it really is easier to read.  For no advertisement, I'm kind of doin' OK.  I've even got a handful of hardcore fans.   But the time thing, again.  It took so damn long, and so much waitin' for the pages to load completely, it was just distractin' me to no end.

Now, off to some pleasanter distractions.  I feel like groomin' the equines.  I should be done just for the stable cleanin' time.  We were goin' for a ride tomorrow.  The weather was supposed to be amenable.  Clear, cold, and light winds.  Then we'd work on that stew.  We didn't have a food processor, so we'd cut everything up by hand.  The pieces would be big, and you'd get a nice good-size section of carrot, potato, parsnip, turnip, or whatever, but I rather liked that. Reminded me of the good ol' days. 

Now off to the beasties.

No comments:

Post a Comment