Sunday, October 31, 2010

Will I See Snow Again For The Remainder O' This Season?

Got rain. We will 'ave rain for the next few days, if the weather report is right. If. . . Love that just as much. They 'ave snow further inland, but that would 'ave been statistically more inconvenient. Not to mention, how would we have been reacted to in more insular, 'redneck' country?

It wouldn't 'ave been wise. (I NEVER pronounce the 'h' in 'have', so hey. In fact, I don't pronounce the 'h' in 'hey', either. In fact, I don't pronounce the introductory 'h' in hardly anythin'. Or the endin' 'g' in much. This isn't good writin', though; is it? Hey! At least I didn't do it in my book series. Should I cut this out?)

Oh, maybe. On and off.

I got out of bed rather late this morning. 4:30. I lay there awake for a while, to the far right, next to my mentor, who got the treasured middle positioning last night. He was spooning the mullethead. I had the black cat to my left, and the tortoise shell lassie cat on top of me, listening to the rain for a while, in addition the the loud purrs of the two cats. The Siamese tabby was at the foot of the bed. Of course the lovely felines followed me when I got up. I fed them, gave the stable floor a quick shovelling and hose down, pulled a bale alfalfa hay into the manger for the equines, and hit the shower. Their treats would come later, after breakfast. It was the mullethead's day to make breakfast, and I'd let 'er. Tomorrow was my turn to do that, in addition to the house cleaning and shopping trip, so. . . At least I was spared the worst of it.

Now I guess off to the shower. The other two would be out of bed any time now, and I might even get out to the smell of some heavenly delight. What would the mullethead concoct for us?

It would be an easy, mellow day. A time to relax, and drink lots of tay. After all, we were all severe addicts. I'm quite serious when I say we hit the cups in the double digits almost daily, in the cold weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment