Sunday, October 31, 2010

A Night To Remember

Oh, to be led to the living room right after I finished gettin' into my robe from the shower. The air was heavy with a most delectable rose incense burnin', the fire was goin', and candles were lit on the coffee table, and the end tables of the sofa. Three empty cups on the coffee table, a pot of tay, a platter of truffles, and a platter of sesame-honey laddoos. A couple of blankets were on the sofa. I guess we were goin' to be there for a while, and with what was on the coffee table, who was I to turn this down?

I sat down in the middle, and lights went out. My first love to my right, the mullethead to my left, and I poured the tay for all three of us. Creamed jasmine. I thought Darjeeling might have gone a little better with the snacks on the table, but I wasn't goin' to bitch about it. After all, I did like jasmine quite a bit. It was a general standard for when we eat Chinese food, like the lunch I had made earlier.

We didn't say much. We enjoyed the silence, the crackle of the fire, the sound of the wind and snow against the window panes, two cups of tay a piece, and however much chocolate and sesame balls we could handle. We snuggled, after.

Oh, maybe bein' stuck here for another 13 or 14 months wasn't so bad after all.

That was a few hours ago.

Oh, now off to sleep for a wee. Then probably get up at 1:00 AM, to have more fun on the computer with a cat or two in my lap.

No comments:

Post a Comment