Sunday, October 31, 2010

This Day Was Strange---Not Bad, Just Strange

Right after we finished the breakfast dishes, my mentor embraced me with one arm, and invited the mullethead to join us, which she did. He held us tight, and when he let us go, a few tears travelled down his face, but he was wearing a smile. I asked why the tears, and he just brushed my forelock back, and went,"Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh."

The mullethead threw herself against him, and he kissed her on top of the forehead, as he let go of me, and wrapped himself around her. She held onto him like there was no tomorrow.

Say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

I think I missed something, but the first love of my life would answer no questions on why he did what he did.

I took a little longer in my share of the housework this morning, being somewhat distracted. The other two ended up helping me out, since I was so out of it.

No big deal. That's the way it worked. I'm glad I wasn't the one driving to town today. After shopping, we did the unthinkable, and actually skipped our late lunch/early dinner/whatever on the town.

After we put everything away, we ended up munching on bowls of some very good blue berries, maple syrup, and lightly sweetened heavy whipped cream which my mentor whipped up himself. Need I say we had a kettle of tay with it?! Our proverbial standard, considerin' we were all addicted to it worse than a smoker to cigarettes. Black tea with black current flavouring. Creamed, of course.

The timing was odd, but then my mentor instigated a rather long, delicate encounter of which you do NOT need to know the details. All I can say, is I could NOT drag myself out of bed for the life or death of me, after it was over. . .not that it really ever ended.

Apparently, neither could anyone else. . .until it came time to feed the animals and do the second stable cleaning of the day.

Then after we cleaned ouselves up from that, we ended up spending a long time in front of the lit fireplace. My mentor and I were pressed into each other, and I had the mullethead in my lap. We didn't say much. I don't think there was a drug in the world that could make anyone feel as I felt at the time, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment