Sunday, October 31, 2010

Me And Tha' Feckin' Countdown

Tomorrow, accordin' to the time I allotted to mine self, I will have exactly 14 months left.  I allowed 1 month to get the household set up, 15 months for each volume, 1 month for the drawin's, and a month for if somethin' goes wrong.  

My publisher managed to get one volume up way early, but will it stay that way?  As of tomorrow, I am exactly one month ahead of schedule.

I am havin' fun here.  There's no denyin' tha'.  It is Hell o' hard work compared to what I'm used to, but I don't mind it. . .as long as it doesn't last forever.

Still, I miss home.  The shore right there.  Here, we'd have to drive a ways.  I also miss the lower density existence and the abilities that are so natural there, which I personally couldn't transfer here.  Most of my memories are on hold.  I want all my knowledge back.  I want EVERYTHING back, including what I forgot that I had.

I allowed a month for something to go wrong.  I have two.  I had more than two months for a couple of weeks, but that hasn't changed.  In that couple of weeks, nothin' new was posted except for some frivolous works that I submitted just for the Hell of it.  That could have been Volume #4, if I'd sat on what I'd sent.  I am so annoyed with myself, over that.  I won't do it again.

But I still do wonder if I can shoot for leavin' on March 15, 2012, as opposed to April 15.  I suppose I can, but if somethin' happens to change that possibility, will I go into a depressive funk?

Oh, damn that conservative streak that I have.

If Volume #4 goes up in the next two weeks, I think I will.  Now I'm gonna go out on the balcony to enjoy the rain.  I wonder when we'll get snow again?  I'd like to do another cross-county ski trip.  And next time I WON'T break any equipment.

(Of course, the ENTIRE phantasy series can be read here via this blog, of my alleged auto-biography and the crazy adventures I really didn't have.  Gods, lookin' back on the series, I hope I NEVER have some of them.)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment