Sunday, October 31, 2010

Ahhhhhh! Nice, Rainy Day

With my early hours and tendency to sleep 3 or 4 hours a day most of the time, I decided to take care of the equines myself this mornin'. I fed 'em, gave 'em each a quick rubdown, cleaned up the stables, and when I finished my mornin' shower, blow dried the hair, brushed it out haphazardly, hit the pits with musk scented oil, not bein' a user of commercial deodorant, and got into just skivvies and jeans. Aye, the floor was cold, but I'd get into my socks and a pair of boots after breakfast.

The mornin' meal was devilled eggs (Finely minced green onion, red bell pepper, celery, Kalamata olives, capers, cornichons, butter sauteed garlic mushrooms, and mayonnaise. Needless to say, they were pretty high. He also put a wee touch of wasabi on top, and an olive half. The eggs were works of art.), buttered cumpets with choice of 5 different preserves, fresh chopped mango with unwhipped heavy cream, fresh squeezed orange juice, and Earl Grey tay. The mullethead had taken care of the cats.

For what I did with the equines and stables, the mullethead volunteered to do the kitchen and upstairs bathroom day after tomorrow, out of order, bein' that it was my job to do that infernal set of tasks this week. Of course, I didn't fight 'er. If one did somethin' for the rest, they got payback. I already said that somewhere in a previous post. Considerin' I'd really rather deal with the horses than do the kitchen and upstairs bathroom, I may have to connive to do this more often. (I'd still have to help clean house. It's just that I got the easy stuff like dustin' and vacuumin' 3 rooms, and laundry. . .this week.) Not to mention the killer breakfast! Damn, my first love put a lot of work into it. All for me doin' somethin' I rather liked to do. Worked for me.

After we finished cleanin' up after ourselves, I finished gettin' dressed, and we actually all ended up sittin' out on the fron verandah watchin' the rain and electricity. We didn't dare run the computer at the time, but we sure as hell enjoyed ourselves.

We ended up goin' through two kettles of tay. It was a sweet, mellow day with little to do. All that was left was fixin' our second meal, givin' the stalls and horses the second go over, and takin' random orders from the cats. All the discretionary time was nice. It really makes me wonder why people in industrialised societies seem to make sure they have so little of it.

Oh well. I said it before, and I'll say it again. Not my problem!

Now after this post, do I want to go for a short run in the storm? Like a couple of kilometres? After all, what were the odds of gettin' hit by lightnin' with all these trees around? And was anyone crazy enough to go with me?

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment