Sunday, October 31, 2010

2:00 AM

I couldn't sleep now for the life of me.  It was my favourite time of the 24 hour cycle known as a day.  Snow was comin' down softly every now and then, it was so quiet, it was so nicely cold, and I was feelin' hedonistic in my own solitary way.  I had the fire burnin' in the livin' room, I made myself a pint of hot cocoa, threw in a cinnamon stick, lots of whipped cream, got out a platter on which I cubed some hickory smoked gouda, meunster cheese, a couple of rye crackers with garlic and herb goat cheese, baby carrots, grape tomatoes, and whacked up a bar that was a layered German soft chocolate with a hazelnut paste type thing on top.  I watched the fire for a while as I munched on that, and whilst I still had some hot chocolate left, I went upstairs to the balcony of one ot the unused rooms, and stood on that for a few minutes, enjoying the absolute silence, and the ultra-light snowfall of the moment.  Bein' I was only in shorts, t-shirt, socks, and runnin' shoes, that's I didn't stay too long, but it was nice while it lasted.

Now I sit here at the computer, wonderin' if I'll do it again, though without the platter of decadent food.  I might skip breakfast, for what I just did to myself; though I'd probably make it for my mates after I fed the equines and took my mornin' shower.

I chuckled a little.  We arranged to come here just before THE major transition of the world, and I can't remember why.  The mullethead was enjoin' the world as she knew it fallin' apart, like no tomorrow, considerin' how much she hated life.  At the same time, she was rootin' for the revolutionaries. She hated injustice as much as my mentor and myself, but to her this sojourn was a party.  Yet at the same time, she also longed to go back home; but bein' she knew that was to be in a relatively short duration (even if it did seem like eternity to me), she was havin' a Hell of a lot of fun.  Well, it was better than when she had to take care of herself and those with her of varyin' species on mortal flotsam terms.  After all, she was no more a corporate ho', only had to work around the house 15 to 20 hours a week dependin' on what small disasters nature gave us that week, had no financial worries, a beautiful pony to spoil, and better company than the world as she knew it, could provide.  There was lots of land to hike on, the best food, killer books to read, and uh. . .in her own words, a couple of hotties to do with as she pleased whenever she felt like it.  We also had tons of awesome intellectual exchanges, not to mention the silly banter that would never end.  And though she was no Jaclyn Smith, Flo-Jo, or Rachel McLish, she didn't look half bad, not that this had anything to do with my um. . .introducing myself to 'er so long ago.  

Trust me!  I was only after her mind.  Her artistic bent!  Her curiosity, her values, her drive, and I have to admit it; her ego has served me well.  Though I also admit she was a real shit-head some times, I could understand.  Isn't everyone a package deal?  But those were the old days, when she took care of what I wanted done in the realm I wasn't in, which wasn't ever up to her standards. There were no more clashes of any sort, now.  She was in the process gettin' her payoff for basically workin' for me, to get us all to where we were now; and that would NEVER end.

I laughed again.  My former everso selfish 'priestess', who would share me with no one of her kind.  Now my comrade.  Well, a bit more than just that, but hey.

Now I'm gettin' a hankerin' for some more hot chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment